Why Travel Insurance is important?
Many travelers forgo travel insurance because they feel like nothing is really going to happen to them but the thing about traveling is that everything is uncertain. Which is why insurance is very important and not just because something might happen to you or to the person you’re with but also because of the hassle that most travelers experience.
If you get the right kind of travel insurance here are the things that are covered.
- Loss of life, dismemberment, loss of sight, or total permanent disability.
- Medical expenses
- Follow up medical expenses when sent back home.
- Emergency medical evacuation and repatriation.
- Trip cancellation or postponement
- Trip curtailment
- Flight delay
- Lost of or damage to baggage and personal effects
- Baggage delay
- Personal liability
- Hospital visitation
- Damage or loss or money
- Damage or loss of travel document
- Missed connecting flight
- Rental car excess
- Loss or damage to Notebook computer
These are some of the things that are covered if you have the right kind of travel insurance. These are things that happen to most travelers and it would be a good thing that you’re covered for most of it. Of course there are some exclusions and here are a few.
- Self-inflicted injury.
- Under the influence of alcohol, drugs or narcotics or and any addictive substance
- While the insured serves as a soldier, police or volunteer and participates in a war or crime suppression.
- While the insured is participating in a brawl or taking part in inciting a brawl
- While the insured is traveling to countries excluded or outside territorial limit specified in endorsement.
While there are a few exclusions, most insurance companies exclude these types of activities. If in any other situation you are basically covered.
For questions regarding travel insurance feel free to contact : firstname.lastname@example.org